Beware the Ides of March
Multi-Author Mystery Event, March 5th,
Indigo Signal Hill, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Facebook Event page
9 mystery authors
Calgary Indigo customers were treated to a fantastic event last Saturday. There was something for everyone, and a Hunt for Clues to win mystery gift baskets and store gift cards. Some authors performed card tricks, others baked cookies. I brought Mystery Mugshots, a test of your intuitive ability to tell good guys from bad guys. The winners guessed if my mugshots were of real bad guys or just models. The prize was a free eBook.
Here’s my unofficial analysis:
- Women generally guessed better than men.
- Men were fooled by photos of good-looking women.
- Women were fooled by photos of good-looking men.
- A few people have remarkably good intuition and could tell good guys from bad ones in about a second.
- A few people have remarkably bad intuition and guessed almost every one wrong, no matter how long they stared at the mugshot.
- I now understand why serial killers Ted Bundy and Aileen Wuornos were so successful.
It was a fun day and a few intuitive people walked away with a free eBook. If you missed it, and want to play Mystery Mugshots, check my local schedule on the Amazon Author page for in-store signings in the Calgary area. Chances are, we’ll play again!